My Photos

Monday 4 June 2007

Weekend Over!!

I came back today from my a long weekend (Fri-Mon) at the seaside and have thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I managed to do plenty of walking and took in a great deal of fresh air.

As for the diet, I stuck to it 100 percent. Whilst all around me were tucking in to fish 'n' chips and fried breakfasts, I kept to my soups and shakes.

I did have 4 bars for my second week and consumed 3 of these whilst away. It was great to actually have something to chew on and left me feeling quite satisfied.

I have struggled with the water intake for the 3-4 days away and have consumed about 4.5 litres a day which is probab;y down about a litre per day on last week. Also I found myself drinking larger quantites in a shorter space of time, I guess I managed my water intake quite poorly... I drank about 2 cups of black coffee on a daily basis when out and about and sitting down in a restaurant or cafe whilst the others gorged themselves. Naturally as the weather was warm and I walked more, I sweated more so I guess I should have drunk a great deal more NOT less. I hope my fluid intake this week does not affect my weight loss... I'm a bit concerned as I do not feel I have lost much weight, if any at all. I hope I'm wrong. (2 days to weigh in)

Since returning home I've increased the water again and have at present drunk 4.5 litres. I'll try for another 1.5 litres till bed.

If I can push the amount I drink to 6 litres a day for the next two days, I may just get that weight loss on Wednesday.

As for side effects, my stomach has suffered. I take ranatidine for my stomach acid and still have struggled with bloatedness and acid reflux and heartburn especially after consuming lots of water.
I also have an uncomfortable feeling of a lump in the back of my throat which feels likes a hairball that will not go away. I have had this before and I think its a result of acid coming up into my throat.
I've also had tingling sensations in limbs and a few dead legs which I know others on the CD have experienced. I think this may have something to do with the amount of water I drank.

Will look forward now to Wednesday and weigh day. Regardless of the amount I'll lose I have told myself I can do this diet for a month before deciding if I should continue. One poor result although disheartening will not stop me from completing the 4 weeks.

No comments: