My Photos

Thursday 24 May 2007

Day One

Last night I met my CDC for the first time.
She was fantastic, extremely bubbly and very easy to talk too.

I was initially quite nervous about meeting her and discussing my weight issues with her, but I needn't of worried because I was greeted with a huge smile and a very warm welcome.
That in itself made me feel a whole lot better.

Then came the dreaded weigh in.

My official starting weight is.......29 stone 9 lbs

I took my own scales with me since hers only went up to 28 stone and I knew I needed a good set to use. I purchased a set of digital salter scales from ebay recently, saved quite abit of money on the retail price, and they weigh up to 31.5 stone.....great!

I collected my first batch of cambridge satchets and had my first shake a couple of hours ago.
I tried the chocolate to start with and I must say it tasted quite nice. Chocolate reminds me very much of the chocolate cadburys highlights drink and smells almost identical.

As I type this I have just finished my second litre of water. I'll drink at least 4 litres today (will try for 6 litres in the coming days - depends how I'm feeling).
The first pint of the day was disgusting; straight from the tap and left my stomach feeling very uncomfortable for 30 seconds or so. May put some in the fridge for tomorrow and have it cold.

Not feeling hungry yet, the real test for me comes around 8pm when I relaxing watching t.v.

Very muggy today. Warm and humid!! thats the worse for me.... Last night was very uncomfortable but fortunately I got up and put my aircon machine on, only to wake up a few hours later bloody freezing!!! I forgot to set the timer on the machine and woke up with feet like ice blocks.
Anyway off now to have another shake, will try vanilla I think. Have to get a smaller whisk when shopping next to make sure I whisk it to a light and fluffy consisitency. Think I've seen small electric hand held whisks somewhere and may invest in one of those.

1 comment:

The Dieter said...

Hi John,
Thanks for your comment on my blog, its nice to know I have inspired you!!
its interesting reading your day 1 posting, you will not be hot for much longer, I always slept without the covers over me, not now the spring and autumn quilts are combined and fully cover me.
I would recomend a hand held stick blender with quite a high wattage it does fine for my shakes, its not a whisk type just a small sharp blade.
If you have any questions feel free to email me, there is a link from my blog.
Keep up the good work, its well worth it!
Alan (www.thebigdiet.blogspot.com)