My Photos

Wednesday 23 May 2007

Weigh In Day

My diet starts tomorrow.

I have contacted my CDC and have arranged to meet her this evening for my first weigh in.

I will then have my official start weight. Can't say I'm really looking forward to the embarassment of the weigh in, but its a small price to pay for the start I so desperatley need.
I have ordered my first weeks supplies and have decided to try shakes and soups only. I've ordered 14 choc shakes, 7 vanilla, 4 veg soup and 3 oriental chilli soup(sounds nice). I think I'll stick with the one soup aday which I'll have around tea-time. I have much more of a savoury tooth than a sweet one although I do love a MacDonalds chocolate milkshake ( often had an extra large one, but I think they have stopped the supersize ones now - shame!!).
No doubt I'll get round to trying most flavours on this diet but have played it relatively safe to start with.

Its very warm today and naturally I'm avoiding going out in the sun. I absolutely hate the thought of summer and all that it entails, and one of many reasons I wish to shed the pounds.

Its been many a year since I have enjoyed the warmth of summer (probably not since my mid to late teens). Summer for me means profuse sweating, feeling overheated constantly, headaches and sweat rashes. I have suffered for years really but even this has not been enough for me to lose weight. I'm like a sleuth around summer time and although I may long to be out in the sun swimming in a pool or lying on a beach in the med, these are just fantasies for me.
Because of my shape and size I'm ashamed to go out in the sun without a coat on!!! The thought of being seen with just a t-shirt on makes me feel so uncomfortable, I do not go anywhere without my trusty coat.
i remember a couple of years back when temperatures hit an all time high ( aorund 38-39 degress), I actually went out in a thick fleece!! My face looked like a beetroot and I could feel the sweat oozing from every pore but still I just endured the discomfort and carried on. I truly amaze myself at just how self conscious I have become.


Anyway I'm off now, will be back later to let you know how my first weigh in goes. Will have to hurry up back from my CDC tonight as LIverpool play AC Milan in the Champions League final (bit of footy fan) and will post then. See ya

No comments: